Wednesday, April 8, 2009

the jump








I enjoy going to the open markets and wanted to be able to tell others the open markets were safe. Obviously since I was pick pocketed they are not. I made a plan . As I left my hotel I took the street they told me not to go down .. Lots of people walking and it did not look rough at all. After several blocks I came to a gas station . I was quite surprised. It had a cage built around it and to get gas they stuck the hose through the bars. Quite impressive and spoke volumes. I decided to get on a safer street. At the market I went to the vendors who saw me get pick pocketed. I gave them my card and a phone number to reach me . I ask them to give it to the pickpocketer and I wanted to buy his supper .
M cold has slowed me down a lot . Went to the plaza by the Historic Carnegie Library and took photos of the wood carvers.. Enjoyed the woodcarver I am posting and made him an offer of a beer anytime.
The hotel desk called me and told the they were booked Sunday and Monday and I had to find another hotel..HMM, Fate.. Larry cab 20 is my life line. It has been a challenge being new here and rainy and using extra caution being out at night .. Called him and told him fate said I need a new place to stay , Guyana style.. So tomorrow I check into a hotel with bad shower , and lumpy bed but real Guyana style atmosphere. I really wanted to do this anyway , just took a little fate.


p.s.

Enclosing photo of larry cab 20 phone number 6986363. I am trusting him a lot and if he comes through I will give him the highest referral. If I do not post anymore blogs I would not recommend this cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment