Sunday, April 5, 2009

raggae fest





The Guyana Peace Festival was tonight . Everyone was raving about it and all said they would be there. I have never been in a country in which so much random acts of kindness have been given me. I was a bit nervous about trying to go to the festival alone , especially with all the camera equipment I carry . I invited all the waitress at the hotel restaurant to go. It probably cost 3 or 3 day pay for them to go . One took me up on it and said she would call at 9 pm..hmm thought it started a 6 pm . She said the reggae was at midnight and they played all night. She never showed so I took off on my own . At the gate I was confused so I ask a lady police lady for help .she was great and I

figured out how to get in .. It was an awesome festival with about 2000 people . I left about 3am still able to probably figure out how to catch a cab. As I went out the gate the lady cop waved me over. I was amazed she remember me . She said I was a foreigner and she wanted to make absolutely sure I was safe so she personally called me a cab. There is a lot of crime in this country . Georgetown has a lot of poverty . I am still very fresh here but am amazed at the simple random acts of kindness I have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment